GoPro file types
The GoPro camera creates several types of file as listed below. GPR will recover them all after they have been deleted
- this the the standard video file - at high resolution
- low resolution video. In most modes, a GoPro records both high and low resolution files. Typically one can use the video program VLC to view the .LRV video
- this is the audio file if recording with enhanced audio, Hero 6/7
- Photos - this are ones taken by 'hand'
- Thumbnails. These are in fact jpgs, but generated by the camera
. This is a recovered MP4 file
4. This is a file where the header has been found, but was probably not finalised. This is forensic option only
This a file where a fragment of video was found, but no header or finalisation. This is a forensic option only.