Screen image of main GPR program
Simple video recovery process
Step 1. Select SD Chip
Select the memory card - in the example above it is seen as the I: drive and a Generic memory chip. The capacity is shown in the status box at the bottom of the screen. The example here is an old 16GB chip.
Direct connection to the camera is not normally possible.
Select where you want to save the files - the example shows a directory on the O: drive
Step 2. Start recovery process
Press <<Recover all files>> This starts the recovery process.
Step 3. Process the data in 5 automatic stages
The program now goes through 5 stages of internal recovery. It starts by scanning the memory chip for all frames.
- Stage 1 - scans the complete memory chip
- Stage 2 - extracts .jpg and .wav files
- Stage 3 - starts reconstruction by adding moov atom
- Stage 4 - reconstructs low resolution files
- Stage 5 -reconstructs high resolution files
Once the program reaches stage 4 and 5 of the scan, thumbnails of working videos will be displayed. NB The demo will displaythumbnails but not save playable files. Depending on the chip size, the process can take a few hours - so messages are displayed to indicate progress. The log will display the status of each recovery, file size and date.
Step 4. View the results in the log
The log screen shows files that are recovered. It gives size, date and also frame details. It also shows how fragmented the file is - for instance recover_4.mp4 has 13 fragments.
The status and verify are checked for MP4 and LRV files, but not for the .wav files. Testimonials show how successful the program is, often where other programs have failed. The forensic version displays the GPS tags for photos and videos
- GoPro Hero - basic model
- GoPro Hero 3 - first camera to support low and high resolution data streams
- GoPro Hero 4 - Development from 3 but data storage is rather different
- GoPro Hero 5 - 4K recording option (H.265)
- GoPro Hero 6 - 4K HEVC recording plus WiFi, GPS
- GoPro Hero 7 - Visual stabalisation, loop recording
- GoPro Hero 8 - Hypersmooth 2.0
- GoPro Hero 9 - 5K HEVC and hypersmooth 3.0
- GoPro Hero 10
- GoPro Hero 11 - Files greater than 4GB supported
- GoPro Hero Max 360 - all round vision!
Other Drone cameras supported
- Recover DJI Inspire 1
- Recover DJI Matrice 210
- Recover DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise
- Recover DJI Mavic Pro
- Recover DJI Phantom 3
- Recover DJI Phantom 4
- Recover DJI Spark
- Recover Yuneec Typhoon H
Canon cameras supported
- Canon XA20
- Canon X25
- Canon EOS
- Canon Legria HF G30
- Canon Powershot SX600
- Canon Vixia
- BoblovNokia N86
- Insta 360 Go 2
- Insta360 OneX2 - fragment processing under development
- Leica SL2-S - (no thumbnails displayed)
- Sony DSC-RX0
- Sony ILME-FX3
- SONY ILCM-7
- Sony PMW-F3
- Sony XAVC
- Panasonic DMC-FZ1000
- Tesla car dash cams
- INavi Z500 Plus
- CrossTour (iCatch video), dash cam
- Uniden dash cam
- Voltec 189866
A copy of the user manual in a PDF format can be viewed here. The site map shows all pages on this site
Occasionally extra support will be required to run the program. FAQ may answer some questions, but for others this done via e-mail (email@example.com) . There should always be a response within 12-24 hours. Obviously it depends to some extend on time zones. If it is necessary to send sample videos, or images of the memory chip, CnW has a secure SFTP site where we can create indivdual user accounts. Phone call support is not offered, or required.
We have received many very positive testimonials
Disk drive recovery
For recovery from corrupted or deleted hard drives use CnW Recovery software. Download a free demo and try.
Profesional recovery service
If you do not wish to do your own recovery, we do provide a recovery service. You upload to us the memory chip image, and we return the recovered videos.
CnW Recovery Developments Ltd,
14 King Henry's Road, Lewes, BN7 1BT, UK